Ultra-Lightweight 1U 4-Channel PA/DJ Power Amplifier, 4 x 1400W at 4-ohm, Supports 2, 4 & 8-ohm
The Sound Town ST-UPDM4C is a professional 4-channel UPDM power amplifier. The UPDM (Unipolar Pulse Density Modulation) technology enables the unit to keep its power consumption to minimum.
Compared to a traditional Class-AB amplifier, the Sound Town ST-UPDM4C is more efficient and much lighter with less power dissipated as heat. It delivers 4 X 800 watts at 8-ohm, 4 X 1400 watts at 4-ohm, and 4 X 850 watts at 2-ohm. Its massive power provides sufficient headroom to your PA rig.
You can also easily integrate this amplifier to your PA rig thanks to the universal XLR input and speakon outputs. The amplifier also comes with overload protection to protect your PA speakers and subs.
- Unipolar Pulse Density Modulation (UPDM) amplifier consumes ultra-low power
- Output Power: 4 x 800W RMS at 8-Ohm, 4 x 1400W RMS at 4-Ohm, 4 x 850W RMS at 2-Ohm
- XLR input and Speakon output connectors provide great compatibility and enable the amplifier to easily fit into your PA rigs
- Overload protection functions keeps your PA speakers and subwoofers worry free
- Rugged, heavy-duty metal 1U rackmount chassis holds up to touring applications. Ultra-lightweight (less than 9 lbs) makes it easy to transport
Dimension & Weight
|Product Width (in.)||19.0"||Package Width (in.)||20.9"|
|Product Height (in.)||6.5"||Package Height (in.)||9.3"|
|Product Depth (in.)||1.8"||Package Depth (in.)||2.6"|
|Product Weight (lb.)||8.0 lbs||Package Weight (lb.)||8.6 lbs|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 Year|
What do the front lights of my ST-UPDM4C represent?
- The blue light has to be on to ensure the related channel works without a problem. If you are obtaining a dim light, it should be a LED quality issue but won’t be a major problem. The lights should only have the status of 'on' or 'off'.
- Green LED should flash when the signal reaches -36dB.
- Red LED flash means clip (the signal is too big). Occasional flash is ok.
- When the signal is big, the light will be solid. When the signal is small, the light will flash.
What is the power consumption in amps at full power?
- 10 amps
▶ ST-UPDM4C User Manual (V3), purchased after 02.01.23
▶ ST-UPDM4C User Manual (V2), purchased after 03.02.22
▶ ST-UPDM4C User Manual (V1), discontinued
▶ ST-UPDM4C DIP Switch Instructions for V2 - English, purchased after 03.02.22
▶ ST-UPDM4C Linkout Connection Instructions for V1 - English, discontinued
▶ ST-UPDM4C Linkout Connection Instructions for V1 - Spanish, discontinued