OBERON Series 18" 1600W Powered PA/DJ Subwoofer with Class-D Amplifier, Plywood, Black
The Sound Town OBERON-18SPW packs concert-quality sound into a compact-size, lightweight and easy to use active PA subwoofer. Its powerful and efficient class-D amplifier pumps up to 1600 watts through a high-quality transducer, providing punchy bass and earthshaking output. It handles 800W RMS and 1600W peak output and reproduces low frequencies all the way down to 35Hz. With top-quality components built in and innovative technology engineered, the Sound Town OBERON-18SPW subwoofer is second to none if you want to maximize your performance with top notch sound quality and best-in-class features.
Its rugged wood enclosure damps out unwanted distortion even at extreme output level and endures the rigors of touring. It has 2 XLR-1/4“ combo inputs, 2 XLR outputs with built-in active crossover and provides high-pass filtered outputs for full-range loudspeakers, and provides great connection flexibility. It also features a standard pole-socket and so you can mount a main speaker on the top.
A larger voice coil is equivalent to better control over the speaker cone, improved damping and enhanced linearity. While it makes the subwoofer more difficult to assemble, it helps generate thumping bass and add serious low-end frequencies to the subwoofer. The Sound Town OBERON-18SPW sub uses a top-quality 4” voice coil which has superb power-handling capabilities and delivers punchy tight bass.
The subwoofer also comes with metal grille and black texture finish. Its sturdy construction holds up to touring applications and is great for either permanent or mobile installations. Its superb sound quality, lightweight and compact-size form factor make it perfect for any PA application, such as DJs, clubs, weddings, school and church events, to name a few.
- MASSIVE POWER: Powered by a built-in Class-D amplifier, the subwoofer handles 800 watts RMS / 1600 watts (8-ohm) peak power and generates punchy and tight bass
- VERSATILE INPUT OUTPUT CONNECTIONS: Easy to integrate this stage subwoofer with your PA rig. It has 2 XLR-1/4“ combo inputs, 2 XLR outputs with built-in active crossover and provides high-pass filtered outputs for full-range loudspeakers, and provides great connection flexibility. The 35mm pole mount socket accommodates a satellite speaker for optimal full-range PA performance
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: The Class-D amplifier efficiently provides enormous power without weighing you down. Thanks to the Class-D topology, the high-output 18” PA subwoofer is powerful and lightweight
- TOP-QUALITY COMPONENTS: The PA subwoofer comes with a top-quality 18” woofer and 4“ voice coil. It handles massive power and generates earth shaking bass. The high-quality 5/8” birch plywood enclosure is designed to resist distortion at high output levels and provide punchy and focused bass
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION: With heavy-duty metal grille and sturdy construction, it holds up to touring applications. Its light weight, compact size form factor and two recessing ergonomic handles make it easy to transport
|Active / Passive||Active|
|Frequency Range||30 Hz - 180 Hz|
|Frequency Response||35 Hz - 180 Hz|
|SPL Max||124 dB|
|Configuration||18" active class-D subwoofer w/ built-in crossover|
|Transducer||LF: 1 x 18", HF: --|
|Power Handling||800W RMS / 1600W Peak
|Enclosure Material||High-grade 100% birch plywood|
|Mounting||35mm mounting socket on the top|
|Grill & Rigging Component||Steel with anti-corrosion coat|
|Input||2 x XLR-1/4" combo|
|Output||2 x XLR (thru/ high pass switchable)|
|Control||Level, Phase, Xover, Output Mode
|Indicator||Signal, Limit, Power
|Voltage||100V-240V (50-60 Hz)|
|Plate Amp Part#||STPAS-G1DSP|
|Low Frequency Woofer Parts#||STLF-1804-8|
Dimension & Weight
|Product Width (in.)||20.8"||Package Width (in.)||25.4"|
|Product Height (in.)||23.6"||Package Height (in.)||28.1"|
|Product Depth (in.)||21.6"||Package Depth (in.)||24.6"
|Product Weight (lb.)||80.0 lbs||Package Weight (lb.)||90.8 lbs|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 Year|